One of your options when facing an unplanned pregnancy is adoption.
The thought of making a plan for adoption can be very overwhelming. It’s important to know that a great deal has changed in how adoptions are performed. The most significant changes have given the birth mother a great deal of control over the process.
Here are a few facts related to adoption:
- You can choose the family.
- You can choose the agency or organization you work with.
- You can choose whether it’s an open or closed adoption and how much ongoing contact you have with the child.
- You can choose how things go at the hospital and throughout your pregnancy.
- You can choose the timing of your child’s placement.
- In most instances it is of no cost to the birthparent.
Adoption is a wonderful option that is sometimes the best parental decision. It is a path many parents have walked and one you don’t have to walk alone. Make an appointment below to speak with one of our caring peer counselors to discuss this option further.